Sunday, July 16, 2017

Still rolling, July 2017: 71500 miles and counting

This is Cape Cornwall. Ruby rode here through torrential rain and fog, no hesitation, no problems. It's the English summer time! Ideal for camping.

I had a broken wire to repair before I set off though: my neutral light had been intermittent for some time so I chose to investigate, whilst replacing yet another headlight bulb. It's a bit of a pain getting inside the instruments but I'm pleased I did. The feed wire to the neutral light had fractured inside the insulation, about 2cm from the connector. But easy to find or to access.

I had just enough room to solder in a short new section of wire, to bridge the fracture, yet without having to strip back the black tape loom wrapping. Now I get a lovely green glow every time I select neutral.

Cape Cornwall is a national trust beach and fishing jetty. Very dramatic jagged rocks between stark headlands. Nothing more in the way from there but Atlantic ocean before North America.

My records show I've ridden 10,000 miles on Ruby since this time last year. Not bad for a pair of antiques 😊


1 comment:

Bgb said...

I live near there and am proud owner of a trophy,just found your blog,definitely given me inspiration to clean up bike,
Take it easy