Monday, April 22, 2013

On the road again

I'm rolling again. The experience is startling after pootling about on my 900. It feels like instant urge. It feels just great.

I used two T pieces to plumb in a link pipe between the petrol feeds for the left- and right-hand pair of carbs. I decided to leave the fuel filters in place as well so the result is on the crowded side. I might ditch the filters if this becomes a problem but after all the trouble I've had with dirty fuel, I'll leave them there for the time being. 


Cap masked off, mounting plate repainted
Tank fittings ready for remounting.
The mounting plate for the fuel cap was very tatty so I took the opportunity to paint it. I used alloy wheel paint. It is pretty robust and can be used on aluminium without a primer. 




 21st of April, late at night, on the road again.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You missed a bit

LeT said...

I hadn't replaced the side panels because I wanted to make sure I could see any leaks if the fuel hoses weren't sealing properly. Fortunately, the joints I'd made were fine. I'm still not sure if it was a good idea to leave the fuel filters in. There are lots of loops in the hoses and they could cause problems in hot weather. We'll see.