Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shake down

My first longer run took me out of town through Wiltshire up to Salisbury Plane. I noticed a small autoelectrical trader on the way with a famous sign from Triumph's past:

DSC05590

Joe Lucas: Home Before Dark.

I enjoyed the surging smooth feeling of the 1200 engine, the suspension feeling pretty plush though on this trip harder at the front than at the back. I hadn't yet made any adjustments to the rear shock. Front end felt pretty good. I was still very much of a mind to focus on the feel of the bike, gently building up speed demands on handling as I went. A mindful ride. Very enjoyable. I just kept going until the sun went down. There are times when riding just feels like the right thing to be doing. It was a fine if rather cold day. It was one of those perfect riding days. Sunset on Salisbury Plane 2 Even after all the tinkering to get the most I can out of the dip beam on my headlight, it isn't great. It is just adequate. But adequate does mean I have no need to worry about the dark any more.


Sunset on Salisbury Plane 1 

2 comments:

bostik said...

You worried about losing the key? ;-)

LeT said...

Yes. I have a terrible history of losing keys. The bigger the fob the better. This one is made of wool so it doesn't jangle about. Would you like one like it in a nice Caribbean Blue?