Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Where have I got to, and where I am going?

I started stripping and fixing up my Trophy in August 2010. In that time, I've sorted out various problems, small and large, as I've come across them. This has been done by progressively removing, cleaning, stripping and refinishing ever more components. Over such a long period, I'd quite lost track of what had been done and what is left to do. So I decided to help myself by having a round up of the things I know still need to be done on a piece of paper. The picture below is the result: elements sketched in red identify what I need to do, things in grey are basically done albeit salted away all around my garage, shed and loft. 


Priority for now is the rear suspension. This is because I can't do the front forks until the rear is fixed and rebuilt. The bike needs to rest on at least one wheel.

I've asked a friend to weld up the damage on the swinging arm. I also have to replace a couple of needle rollers in the shock linkage, as posted yesterday.

2 comments:

bostik said...

You do get lost after a while don't you. I've deliberately been working one section at a time in an attempt to lose track. Haven't found any spare nuts and bolts yet!

What's left after rear and front suspension? Where did you go for the bearings?

LeT said...

I haven't ordered up the bearings yet. I'll probably get them from Lings because there are a few other parts I'd like to get and the prices are comparable (just a couple of quid more) with those I've seen from bearing suppliers.

I tried to keep parts from various sections together but they've been moved around and so it's a bit random now. I haven't got enough room to keep it all in one place. Components are squirrelled away here there and everywhere.

The main remaining job after the suspension is the brakes. I've pumped the pistons nearly all the way out of their bores and drained them of fluid. They need a good scrub, strip, paint etc.

Of course, that's discounting reassembly and discovering that I really have lost an all important doobry. All part of the fun.